Do you suffer from any of the following conditions?
- Neck & Back Pain
- Stiff shoulders
- Disc herniations
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Knee pain
- Tennis elbow
- Strains and sprains
Using class IV laser treatment can help with any of the conditions mentioned, and more. Laser treatment involves the use of precise light wavelengths (red and infrared) in order to produce therapeutic results. It has been found to lower inflammation and pain, whilst improving muscle, ligament, tissue and bone healing. Class IV laser treatment can be used with a variety of other treatment options to create faster and better results.
How Does Laser Treatment Work?
Class IV laser treatment enhances tissue oxygenation, which makes it easier for damaged or weakened cells to extract light photons. These photons contribute to faster healing. Laser treatments are classified in accordance to the output of power. In Class IV laser treatment, the power output is any amount that exceeds 500 milliwatts (or 0.5 watts).
Benefits of Class IV Laser Treatment
The most high-powered of all laser treatments, Class IV stands out from the rest due to its amazing benefits. The benefits of Class IV laser treatment include:
- Deeper Penetration – Since there is brighter light from the surface level, light photons are able to reach deep within the tissues. This is ideal for pain issues that are deep-rooted in the body.
- Volume – Class IV laser treatment light can reach much more tissue than other varieties.
- Non-invasive – There are no visible side effects such as scarring, which is a likely possibility with surgery. Laser light lessens the forming of scar tissue.
- Lessen Pain – Laser therapy helps to reduce, or eliminate, pain by helping nerve cells. These nerve cells stop pain from reaching the brain whilst lowering sensitivity. There is also a reduction in pain due to less lowered inflammation. Laser therapy also works on trigger points in the muscle in order to relieve musculoskeletal pain.
- Faster Recovery – Light photons from the lasers go deep within tissue and speed up cellular reproduction rates and growth. The light from the laser helps promote energy to the cell, which allows the cell to absorb nutrients and remove waste products quickly. The class IV laser light helps muscle, tendon and ligament cells repair at a faster rate.
- Quicker Healing – The light increases fibroblast development found in impaired tissue. Fibroblast, which contribute to collagen, is a vital source of protein that is necessary to repair or place tissue.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Laser light activity stimulates the lymphatic system, which lowers swelling.
- Better Nerve Function – Nerve functions that respond slowly in impaired tissue make it more likely for a person to experience damaged limbs or numbness. Laser treatment stimulates nerve cell reconnection and muscle activity.
What Does Class IV Laser Treatment Feel Like?
Patients find that laser treatment is a painless experience and can actually feel good. It is often compared to having warmth applied to a specific area (where the injury is present).
For more information about class IV laser treatment, or to book an appointment, contact us at (303) 499-6565